Last week, the 33-year-old musician’s agent confirmed he was in critical condition but no longer in a fan. Since then, Jeremih’s family has confirmed to Entertainment Tonight that he is no longer at the ICU, but he is still recovering in the hospital.
“Jeremiah has been transferred from the ICU. He will spend the rest of his recovery time in a regular hospital room, “the family said told the outlet in a statement. “The true healing begins. Thank you all for your prayers and desires.”
Representatives of Jeremih did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.
In a statement delivered to the market on Wednesday, his representative noted that Jeremih’s family wanted to encourage his fans to take the virus seriously and noted that there is nothing to tell how seriously it will affect a person.
“His family would like to remind the world that COVID-19 is real and should not be taken lightly,” the statement said in part. “It is also important for people who are quarantined and tell their families and friends ASAP. There is no shame in entering into COVID-19, and people who have it should be accountable and considerate to others. Everyone, who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 is affected differently, unfortunately for Jeremih, COVID-19 maliciously attacked his body. “
Born Jeremy Phillip Felton, the musician has reportedly received treatment privately in Chicago, even though his battle with the virus had been mentioned several times on social media by rapper 50 Cent in the last few days.
“Pray for my son Jeremiah that he does not do well [COVID-19] s – t is real, “50 Cent, real name Curtis James Jackson, wrote last Saturday.
Jeremih and 50 collaborated on “Down On Me.”
Several other stars from hip hop communities also wished their colleague good luck on social media.
Fox News’ Nate Day contributed to this report.